We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Stratford Motor Lodge--Please Help, folks from Falls Church

Which Falls Church hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Stratford Motor Lodge--Please Help, folks from Falls Church

I am thinking about staying at the Stratford Motor Lodge while in town for a concert at the State Theatre, but there are really no reviews (save one about a pet sitting service).

Can anyone tell me anything about the place? Is it worth the adventure of staying there--it seems like it stepped right out of the late 60's early 70's.

We just need something clean, comfortable and relatively cheap.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Stratford Motor Lodge--Please Help, folks from Falls Church

I drive by the place all the time. I haven't been in one of the rooms and it does harken back to motor lodges of the past. However, it is well located for an evening at the State Theater. There's a good diner-type place called Anthony's across the street and another decent, cheap restaurant called Clare and Don's Beach Shack almost right next door to the State that you might want to try.

If the Stratford ML scares you too much, you might want to look into the Econo Lodge Metro. It's a little further away, but you could certainly walk to the State from there. I've seen the rooms there. They are basic and very clean. There is free parking (as at the Stratford). But really, the Stratford is better located for breakfast and other dining options if you're interested in those. And if you'll be around on a Saturday morning, there's the Falls Church Farmers Market right behind the motel.

Hope this helps!

2. Re: Stratford Motor Lodge--Please Help, folks from Falls Church

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, September 05, 2009