We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for one overnight at Dulles

Hagerstown, Maryland
1 post
Save Topic
Parking for one overnight at Dulles

I have never been to Dulles or even parked my car overnight at an airport.

Does anyone know, is it safe for my car to leave it overnight at the economy lot? Is there a vandalism issue in that area? I know there's a 50% holiday discount for closer parking, but I imagine I wouldn't be able to get one of the designated spots for an afternoon flight.

Do I need to do anything special? I just drive to Dulles, find the economy lot, and then ride the shuttle to the terminal? Am I likely to get shaved off onto the wrong road and get extremely lost?

I am traveling to Canada on Porter. I haven't been on an international flight in years. UGH!

Sandy

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
7,091 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking for one overnight at Dulles

I've used the economy lot at Dulles and it was fine; this was a few years back. My car was there for around 10 days.

Yes, drive to Dulles; directions for lots will be posted. You've no doubt found their website with parking info: http://www.metwashairports.com/dulles/184.htm

I did once miss the exit for Dulles, before the age of smart phones and gps, and didn't find it too difficult to find my way back. I was glad I'd allowed for such an occurance, so I had enough time to get lost and then find my way to return.

2. Re: Parking for one overnight at Dulles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, May 24, 2016