We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Parking long-term at Fairfield Inn for airport

Maryland
Level Contributor
414 posts
86 reviews
Parking long-term at Fairfield Inn for airport

Groupon has a deal for 14 days of parking at the Fairfield Inn for $29, which sounds great. However, the shuttle only runs once every half hour and, after an 8 1/2 hour flight back from Europe, that sounds like a long wait if we just miss the shuttle. Has anyone parked at the Fairfield Inn for long-term parking and what was your experience? Thanks!

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
18,551 posts
160 reviews
1. Re: Parking long-term at Fairfield Inn for airport

If waiting for the shuttle is not to your liking, then take a cab.

Maryland
Level Contributor
414 posts
86 reviews
2. Re: Parking long-term at Fairfield Inn for airport

Laura, I'm aware I can always take a cab. I was asking for help from those who may have stayed at the Fairfield Inn and had experience with the length of time spent waiting for the hotel shuttle at Dulles Airport as opposed to waiting for the parking lot shuttles. I'm assuming you did not intend to sound sarcastic.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
18,551 posts
160 reviews
3. Re: Parking long-term at Fairfield Inn for airport

No, I was tired, and I apologize if I seemed otherwise.

I have only ever taken a shuttle to the airport from a Fairfield Inn, and there are actually two different Fairfield Inns near Dulles. One is in Chantilly, and one is in Sterling.

In any case, looking at the hotel website, it appears to me that the shuttle goes regularly **to** the airport, but that you can call for pick up.

From their website...

"The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Dulles Airport hotel is 1.1 miles from Dulles International Airport (IAD) in Sterling, VA. One of the closest Dulles Airport hotels, the Fairfield Inn & Suites provides a complimentary, regularly scheduled airport shuttle from 4:30AM to 12 Midnight daily, call hotel for pick up!"

I hope you will leave a review of your experience for other travelers.

Maryland
Level Contributor
414 posts
86 reviews
4. Re: Parking long-term at Fairfield Inn for airport

I definitely will report if I use them. Our reluctance about the wait is based on the fact that we'll be getting off an 8 1/2 flight from Europe, so waiting at that point will be harder than if we were getting off a short fight in the States. :-) Thanks for your reply.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
18,551 posts
160 reviews
5. Re: Parking long-term at Fairfield Inn for airport

I've been there (flying in from Europe).

I think you're bigger issue will be getting through immigration (if this is your point of entry) and the fairly long hike through Dulles from International arrivals to the luggage carousels, all while keeping your eyes open.

I think calling for the pick-up, and waiting for their arrival will be the most painless part of that experience, to be honest.

Good luck.

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
6. Re: Parking long-term at Fairfield Inn for airport

I have to say with the amount you're saving on parking, I really like LauraRW's idea of just planning to take a cab. Why even worry about trying to find the shuttle after such a long trip, or waiting for a pickup, and just walk up to the taxi line? A cab for that short distance should not cost too much, and would make your transition back to the US a lot easier.

7. Re: Parking long-term at Fairfield Inn for airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, May 28, 2015