We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Creeper Trail

atlanta
11 posts
Save Topic
Creeper Trail

The best place to stay near the Creeper Trail and Damascus is 'Cottage by the Creeper'. The owners maintain a clean comfortable home and make sure all your needs are taken care of. You can sit on the porch and enjoy the mountain view or swim in the pool or relax on a nicely landscaped deck area. They also have a Rec room with a pool table. The bedrooms are comfortable and spacious. The rentals rates are very reasonable compared to other cabins or homes in the area an it is close to the Trail and Damascus.

Statesville, NC
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Creeper Trail

I am a newcomer to the Creeper Trail and it sounds great. How do I get in touch with the Cottage by the Creeper folks to find out prices and advailability?

Creeper Fan in Statesville

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,833 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Creeper Trail

Check damascus.org, click on Visitors, click on Lodging. However, I think maybe the poster is referring to Cottages on the Creeper in Abingdon (cottagesonthecreeper.com), but there is also The Creeper Cottage (creepercottage.com). The original poster wrote a review of another place called Creeper Trail Cabins - not a good experience. So you need to read carefully.

Here is a blurb about the Creeper Trail:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g30220-c4087/Abingdon…

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Creeper Trail

I can't find 'Cottage by the Creeper'., I found 'Cottage on the Creeper' but don't see a pool or pool table.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Creeper Trail

Opps, found it, cottagebythecreeper.com.

Weaverville, NC
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Creeper Trail

We just returned from a great trip to the Virginia Creeper Trail. We were fortunate enough to discover the best kept secret for camping in the area. We stayed at the VA Creeper Trail Campground. (You can google the campground or find it at .virginiacreepertrailcampground.c0m) The owners were wonderful people as nice as you would ever want to meet. They treated you like they were glad for you to be their guests and you don't just find that kind of treatment anywhere. You can camp there and go about 100 feet to the White Top Trail head. From there we rode downhill for the 17 miles into Damascus. We caught a shuttle that took us back to the campground. Would recommend making a reservation for the shuttle back up. Wow oh Wow what beautiful views on the trail that follows the creek most the way. This is a must do, must see for anyone. Hope you enjoy this as much as we did.

Weaverville, NC
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Creeper Trail

We just returned from the Virginia Creeper Trail and it was the best bike ride EVER. The scenery was remarkable with the fall colors and it runs along the Whitetop Laurel Creek. We were lucky enough to find one of the best kept secrets for camping in the area. At the top of the White Top Trailhead is the VA Creeper Trail Campground. You can google the campground to find it online or go to the site at(.virginiacreepertrailcampground.c0m) You can ride your bike about 100 feet to start at the trailhead. After the trail ride to Damascus, we caught a shuttle that took us back to the campground for some true country cooking at the restaurant. The campground is also a working Christmas Tree farm with lots of history and heritage. This is a must see and I hope you enjoy the trial and camping as much as we did.

7. Re: Creeper Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, September 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Damascus