We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to New York From Crewe

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
travel to New York From Crewe

Hi I'm coming to vista my Aunty in crewe for her 80th. Would quite like to vista relatives in NY for a couple of days. Whats the cheapest way or doing it. ?

Thanks Logsy

Hastings

England

5 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,878 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel to New York From Crewe

Cheapest would probably be to have someone give you a ride to the bus station in Richmond, then Greyhound bus to D.C., then Megabus or Boltbus to NYC. Next cheapest is probably te Amtrak train from Richmond to New York, although you might find a fare sale that lets you fly from Richmond to New York for less than the train. Given that it is close to 8 hours on buses and 6 hours on the train, I'd fly if you can afford to do so.

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel to New York From Crewe

thanks you for the heads up on that one. Looking forward to my first vista to the states

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travel to New York From Crewe

Megabus has usually 3 busses a day from Richmond to NYC so you don't need to switch at DC.

http://us.megabus.com

Amtrak has sales fairly often and is usually cheaper if you buy in advance, so do check that as well.

Airtran usually has the best airline prices from Richmond to NYC.

La Plata, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel to New York From Crewe

That's a coincidence, I have visited Crewe many times over my lifetime (from Washington DC), since several my relatives live there. I am curious and intrigued that someone in that ordinary working-class town could have connections to England. Are you perhaps a member of the Flippen family?

Crewe VA was named after Crewe in northern England, because they are both major railway centres.

Edited: 11:22 pm, October 20, 2012
Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel to New York From Crewe

Thank you X My relatives used to New Yorkers But they have been there about fifteen years.

I think I may have to get someone to collect me from Richmond. I was hoping to do it myself as not to inconvenience anyone. oops!

Didn't know that about the twining or the Crewes . Thanks

Reply to: travel to New York From Crewe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Crewe
Recent Conversations