We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any moped rentals on Chincoteague?

Lynnwood, Washington
Level Contributor
209 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any moped rentals on Chincoteague?

If there is, can anyone provide links or phone numbers?

Also, the Aquarium links are down. Please tell me its still there.

Thanks,

D

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,854 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any moped rentals on Chincoteague?

Do you have the Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce Website address? It's http://www.chincoteaguechamber.com/index.html

A lot of information there, plus you can e-mail or call the Chamber to ask specific questions. Sorry, I don't know the answer to your specific questions, perhaps someone else here will.

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any moped rentals on Chincoteague?

I'm not certain about the aquarium. That whole area there at Landmark Crabhouse has pretty much shut down. It is intended to be turned into a marina and condos. We didn't really drive into the parking lot to see what is open. If the aquarium links are down, I'd be concerned.

Don't know about mopeds. They do what I'd call little cars. Seat 2. Three wheels I think. Very small.

Beach Haven...
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any moped rentals on Chincoteague?

Hope this helps

Jus' Bikes, at 6527 Maddox Blvd., offers a broad selection of Mopeds/Scooters, bikes, tandems, kiddie carts, helmets, and everything in between. 757-336-6700.

The mini "cars" that AKJ mentioned are very popular, you see them eveywhere.

No information about the Aquarium , sorry.

Lynnwood, Washington
Level Contributor
209 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any moped rentals on Chincoteague?

Thanks for the info!

I think I've rented bikes from Jus' Bikes before. It's nice to have simple transportation on the island but I don't think I'm fit enough for a bike this year.

I do hope the Aquarium is still open. That was a wonderful 'quiet afternoon' activity. The adults in our family enjoyed it as much as the kids.

Our next task is to pick a house to rent for the week. Too many choices!

Thanks again,

D

Beach Haven...
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any moped rentals on Chincoteague?

rn01icu, this is the latest info on the aquarium...

"The aquarium is closed for the season. We hope to reopen in either April or May depending on the weather. We are still in the same location, in the landmark plaza."

6. Re: Are there any moped rentals on Chincoteague?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 24, 2009