We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Promotion for Snug Harbor????

VA
1 post
Save Topic
Promotion for Snug Harbor????

Is it just me or is this forum a promotion for Snug Harbor or what? Seems a bit fishy to me.It's like an advertisment.

dover del.
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Promotion for Snug Harbor????

Well Snug Harbor happens to be one of the longest running hotels in Chincoteague.It was even in the movie Misty of Chincoteague.I have been going for 15 years and so have so many other people.Every vacation I take to Chincoteague I find someone else that has been going to Snug Harbor for as long as I have or longer.If you have never been there you have to stop by and check it out.It is such a neat place and you will write about it to.

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Promotion for Snug Harbor????

I've never stayed there but from my kayak it kind of looks like a Tiki bar in the summer. We even hear Buffett sometimes. (Not the live version)

Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Promotion for Snug Harbor????

yea..we always have a great vacation when we come here.You should come to Chincoteague and stay here. It is a great place to get away from it all.

Timonium maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Promotion for Snug Harbor????

If you think this is bad you should go to Chincoteague.Everybody talks about Snug Harbor.It is a neat place but even I get tired of hearing about it,but I have to say I always drop by to see Capt.John,he always knows the hot spots for fishing.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Promotion for Snug Harbor????

This doesn't only SEEM fishy, it is fishy. Snug Harbor relentlessly promotes themselves anywhere they can because anyone that goes there once will not go back. And THAT is the only reason anyone in Chincoteague would ever talk about it. I will try to put this nicely....it is a dump.

morrisvlle
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Promotion for Snug Harbor????

gosteelers....have you stayed there lately...I believe Snug Harbor is under new ownership...I heard they have just spent about 1/2 million upgrading the hotel..new renovations...new marina..new outdoor tiki bars..I have stayed there and the rooms are modest but very nice and very clean and the waterfront rooms have the best views in Chincoteague.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Promotion for Snug Harbor????

I have been going to Chincoteague for many years and stayed at many of the hotels in town.Snug Harbor is not a 5 star hotel but one of the best budget hotels I have ever come across.I stayed in a waterfront cottage with the most incredible view I have ever seen.The cottage was modest but had everything I needed.The hotel takes great pride in being very clean and comfortable and the service was good also.The price was even better...I only spent $99/night for waterfront,not bad.

Clarksville Maryland
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Promotion for Snug Harbor????

Snug Harbor is a place you never forget,I stayed once and loved the location and the cottage was very cute and also waterfront.I rented a kayak and went bird watching all day.I hope to move to Chincoteague one day,but for now I will go back to Snug Harbor for sure.

Get answers to your questions about Chincoteague Island