We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

harbour rentals - DO NOT TRUST

grand rapids...
1 post
Save Topic
harbour rentals - DO NOT TRUST

The house was not clean when we arrived. My 2 sisters spent the first day of their vacation cleaning it before the rest of the family arrived.

They are so selfless and hard-working, they made the best of the situation, etc.

Then, they cleaned at the end of our stay.

but, you would never believe - - - this rental company will not return the deposit.

DO NOT TRUST THIS RENTAL COMPANY !!!!!!!!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: harbour rentals - DO NOT TRUST

Thankyou for this advise. I go to Chincoteague Island every year for 15 years. The last 5 years we stay in Chincoteague Island 3 days en route to the OBX(Outer Banks, N.C.)

We are very spoiled by rental homes in OBX and when searching for rentals homes in Chincoteague we saw that rental companies, their contracts , the detailed information on their websites is not the superior level we are accustomed to.

Because of the hurricane Katrina disaster and the prices of gasoline and the fear of gasoline shortages futher south we thought we would stay the whole week at Chincoteague Island

which is only 500 miles from our hometown-Pittsburgh,Pa.

Harbour Rentals does seem to have a user-friendly website with a professional looking display.....Their prices seem much higher for the properties with less amenities....and then I read your warnings of totally unprofessional business practices! I will absolutely delete this company from my bookmarks since I am use to dealing with outstanding rental companies from OBX.

I thankyou for the WARNING!!!

Island getaway rentals have quite a few impresive homes as well as Chincoteague Resort Realty.

One thing I learned in Chincoteague Island is that a Screened porch is a mandatory !!

Washington DC
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: harbour rentals - DO NOT TRUST

I must say I'm very surprised to read this! My family has been renting from this company for the past 3 years and have had a wonderful experience each time. The homes have always been clean the staff courteous and friendly.

I myself used own a vacation home on Chincoteague Island and I'm well aware of how some tenants can abuse their use of others properties, if this be the case damage deposits should not be returned.

Yes, It does make you wonder who to trust the tenant or the management company?

Maryland
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: harbour rentals - DO NOT TRUST

I agree to consider reviews carefully. However, harbour rentals has multiple bad reviews (If you search "harbour rentals, chincoteague" they will come up, others, as well as my personal experience).

The other rental agencies on this beautiful island, Like Island Getways or Chincoteague Resort Realty- have glowing reviews on this website, with no complaints.

I am very grateful for a website like this- that gives customers a chance to communicate. We all get the management company's view through their brochures and ads!

This website is invaluable in giving the customer's view!