We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best steak

Harrisonburg, VA
Level Contributor
132 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Best steak

Where do I find the best steak in Charlottesville?

Mentioned in this post
Downtown Grille
$$$$, Steakhouse, Seafood, American
Aberdeen Barn
$$$$, American, Steakhouse
Texas Roadhouse
$$ - $$$, American, Steakhouse
Charlottesville
Level Contributor
346 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best steak

The Downtown Grill is probably the best. I've also been to Aberdeen Barn in the late 90s and it was also very good (though I have no idea if they are still really good). The thing about Cville is we have tons of great restaurants but not much in the way of a traditional high end steakhouses. Downtown Grill is the closest thing. Otherwise we have a lot of places that will serve steak and things like that in more of a French or southern style.

Mentioned in this post
Aberdeen Barn
Aberdeen Barn
237 Reviews
Charlottesville, VA
Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best steak

Downtown Grill is definitely the best in town for a very good steak. However if you want locally sourced and not a chop house then there are other places to go. C&O would be one, Petit Pois, or the Local would fit that bill.

Mentioned in this post
The Local
The Local
513 Reviews
Charlottesville, VA
3. Re: Best steak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 17, 2014