We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Indian Restaurant

New Jersey
Level Contributor
458 posts
299 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Indian Restaurant

Hi all,

I'm currently in Charlottesville for a business trip and was considering Royal Indian Restaurant for dinner one night. I just have a couple of questions. Is it casual, and do they serve alcohol or are they a BYOB?

Thanks!

Charlottesville
Level Contributor
336 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Indian Restaurant

I've only been there for their lunch buffet, but I would have to think it's fairly casual. I also think they sell beer and wine but not hard liquor. If you have any lunches free while you're in town, you might want to consider doing their lunch buffet instead. It's really good - one of the best lunch buffets around, and just as good as Milan, which has traditionally been the best Indian lunch buffet in town. I know for me I strongly prefer Milan's lunch buffet over their ordering dinner off the menu, and I suspect I would feel the same about Royal Indian. The reason I feel this way is in part price, but also I just love the diversity of the dishes you get at the buffet without sacrificing much, if anything, on quality.

Edited: 7:43 pm, March 26, 2013
New Jersey
Level Contributor
458 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Indian Restaurant

Hi Yankee,

I wound up going to Royal Indian last night and loved it. The dinner was fantastic and I thought their prices were very reasonable.

I appreciate your response!

Charlottesville
Level Contributor
336 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Indian Restaurant

glad to hear it! it's been a great addition to the cville restaurant scene.

4. Re: Royal Indian Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 28, 2014