We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a fun place to stay

Tucson
4 posts
Save Topic
looking for a fun place to stay

I left Charlottesville in 1993 and bringing my husband back this summr to meet the town and college I loved so much. It's part of a two-week friend reunion up and down the east coast, so I'm hoping to do it on the cheap (definitely less than $150). I'm trying to be somewhat of an adult and not crash on friends couches the entire trip, but I'm still a bit of a cheapskate.

I'd love some place walkable either to the downtown mall or UVa.

Not a fan of generic hotels nor antique filled rooms.

I used to work at the Roasted Bean all those years ago, so if anyone remembers that coffee shop that's the kind of place/energy I'm looking for. Thanks for your ideas!

Charlottesville, VA
Level Contributor
57 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a fun place to stay

Charlottesville is not a cheap place to stay and you want a prime location - downtown. i would suggest Alexander Hostel. It is in the Belmont area a short walk to downtown.

If you don't like to hostel, you might try Inn on South Street - I'm not sure of their prices but they have a lot of rooms as they have two buildings just a block off the downtown mall.

Otherwise just google "motel" and Charlottesville and look for a motel on the map that are close to downtown.

Acrady Vineyard

Tucson
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a fun place to stay

Thanks! I actually found a place two blocks from the downtown mall - the Leathers-Snyder B&B. I know I had this idealized view of what prices would be (as in 1990 prices). My eyes are opening ever wider.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Karen

3. Re: looking for a fun place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:47 pm, July 09, 2013