We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter at UVA

Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Easter at UVA

My daughter is a first year (don't call it freshman) at UVA. We love Charlottesville and the university. We are going to visit her for Easter weekend since she doesn't have a break. Any suggestions for brunch on Sunday? Or anything else we should do? We haven't been to Monticello yet and are planning on working that in to the weekend. Been to the mall for dinner and people watching a few times. Had good food on the corner, too. Looking for something else to do on Saturday. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Level Contributor
317 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter at UVA

A number of restaurants will have brunch. Check out the Hook, readthehook.com, they will list them soon. The traditional places are, the Omni, Boar's Head, and Fossetts at Keswick. Personally, I prefer the brunch at Boar's Head. All the places fill up quickly, so it's best to make reservations early. If you haven't been up on the Blue Ridge Parkway or Skyline Drive, you could access either at Rockfish Gap, even stopping at Greenwood Gourmet Grocery on 250 W/Rockfish Gap Turnpike in Crozet to pick up lunch or snacks.

Edited: 8:37 am, February 20, 2012
Level Contributor
26 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter at UVA

If the weather is nice, a walk around the Sugar Hollow reservoir could be a great activity. It's also one of the UVA must do's before you graduate so you could help your daughter knock one off her list.

Personal brunch favorites of mine (and who are much more laid back/less traditional than those laurava suggested) are Blue Moon Diner and Bluegrass Grill & Bakery. For a fancier brunch I love L'etoile.

Level Contributor
340 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter at UVA

Bluegrass Grill & Bakery is a favorite among a lot of my friends for brunch because it does a nice job of balancing quality and price. Blue Moon Diner is also popular and pretty cheap, but beware a long wait. Last time I was in there it took over an hour and a half from the time I started waiting to get a cup of coffee. I haven't been back since. Maya also does a very nice brunch. Whereever you go it's probably a good idea to make reservations, but if you have trouble getting in somewhere you might want to consider West Main. I had brunch there last time my sister was in town and it was surprisingly good for the price. L'etoile used to be very good but i've been hearing inconsistent reviews of late.

If the weather is nice, as it probably will be, I'd definitely recommend going for a drive or a hike in the Blue Ridge.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter at UVA

A couple of suggestions:

Wineries all over the area

Ash Lawn

hiking or just driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway or Skyline Drive

If you are into beer see this link for suggestions the http://brewridgetrail.com/destinations

5. Re: Easter at UVA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, May 27, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Charlottesville
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor