We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Courtyard stay and Trolley question.

Which Charlottesville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Virginia
Level Contributor
37 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Courtyard stay and Trolley question.

My husband and I are planning to visit Charlottesville this weekend. I am thinking about staying at the Courtyard, but I'm concerned about the distance between the hotel and locations we want to visit, UVA, downtown pedestrian mall, etc. Is the Courtyard close to any type of public transportation? Is Courtyard a pretty safe place to stay?

Level Contributor
2,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Courtyard stay and Trolley question.

Treading dangerous waters with that name and wanting Charlottesville info hokiegirl! ;-)

West Virginia
Level Contributor
37 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Courtyard stay and Trolley question.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. :-)

I actually really do enjoy coming to Charlottesville, even when I was a student at VT long, long ago.

We have friends that live outside of Charlottesville around Short Pump that we usually stay with, but for this trip, we wanted to stay closer and not have to worry about driving. Any help you could give us would be great.

Level Contributor
2,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Courtyard stay and Trolley question.

Sorry but you know how it is.

I live in Waynesboro so I don't often stay in Cville so I can't comment on Courtyard. However, I did recently stay at the Omni at the Mall and I was very impressed. Great customer service, nice views of the city and incredibly comfortable beds. It is obviously convenient to most of your goals and I'm sure the trolly to UVA is easily accessible.

Go Hoos!

Charlottesville
Level Contributor
333 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Courtyard stay and Trolley question.

If you're talking about the courtyard by marriot across from the UVa medical center on west main street then you're in good shape. It is a short five minute walk to UVa grounds and even less to all the "corner" restaurants and bars, and is a ten minute walk to the downtown mall. it's in a safe area - the only thing i would recommend against is walking back from the downtown mall by yourself late at night. there is also the free trolley which you could take to the downtown mall as well. it comes by every fifteen minutes or so and will pick you up about a block away from your hotel and drop you off in the middle of the downtown mall.

5. Re: Courtyard stay and Trolley question.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, October 27, 2012