We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charlottesville Wedding- Rehearsal Venues- Need Help

Which Charlottesville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Matthews, North...
Level Contributor
17 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Charlottesville Wedding- Rehearsal Venues- Need Help

Looking for a dressy causal site that has indoor and outdoor space. A vineyard feel, but not at a vineyard price tag. Any private properties out there that can accommodate 50-75 in Sept. 2011?

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,878 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charlottesville Wedding- Rehearsal Venues- Need Help

Check out the Ivy Inn -- our friends had a lovely reception there a few years ago, after a ceremony at the UVA Chapel. I think that reception was about 50 people; don't know if the Ivy Inn can do 75. Also not sure about the price tag. ivyinnrestaurant.com/specialeventcatering.ht…

Aside from that, I feel your pain. We were married in Charlottesville and struggled to find affordable venues. We ultimately did our rehersal at one of the many restaurants in town (unfortunately it closed a few years ago, I believe), our wedding at a local church (even though we weren't members of their congregation), and our reception in a ballroom at the Omni Hotel on the downtown mall (with a catered cocktail hour in the hotel atrium). We had a very nice time, but it wasn't a vineyard feel as we couldn't do the vineyard price tag.

Good luck!

Charlottesville, VA
Level Contributor
74 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charlottesville Wedding- Rehearsal Venues- Need Help

Have you checked the cost of Blenhiem Vineyards ? They might be big enough and were not over the top I don't think - you would have to use a caterer and bus them out though

Arcady Vineyard

Charlottesville, VA
Level Contributor
74 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charlottesville Wedding- Rehearsal Venues- Need Help

Have you checked the cost of Blenhiem Vineyards ? They might be big enough and were not over the top I don't think - you would have to use a caterer and bus them out though

Arcady Vineyard

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
4 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charlottesville Wedding- Rehearsal Venues- Need Help

Just went through the same process with a friend who was married last weekend. We looked at this barn (http://www.vrbo.com/265694) and it would have been perfect - just a little too far from Charlottesville for this group - but it might work for you. The views are incredible and the owner and manager are delightful. Speak (The Language Center) was the venue for the rehearsal dinner and it worked for 40 people http://speaklanguagecenter.com It is just an inside space.

5. Re: Charlottesville Wedding- Rehearsal Venues- Need Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 30, 2011