We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amazing weekend in charlottesville

VA
Level Contributor
220 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
amazing weekend in charlottesville

Only have a minute to post but will do complete reviews on our accomodations soon!

Just returned from a Thursday through Sunday trip to the Charlottesville area.

Wonderful stay at the Omni Thursday night. Impeccable service with a smile, extremely clean and roomy. Location can't be beat for the sights and shops on the Downtown Mall.

Stayed Friday and Saturday night at the Cedar Spring Inn north of Charlottesville off of Rt. 29. It was absolutely phenomenol. The website nor the reviews due it the justice it deserves. The location and inn is just beautiful and the innkeepers are super!

We visited Barboursville, Horton, and King Family wineries. Each was a unique and delightful experience. If you only have time for one, go to Barboursville. We took tours at Barb. and Horton. Great fun!

Restaurants were just okay. We hope to make better choices when we return in a few months. Went to Rhett's and Silver Thatch. Silver Thatch was overpriced but the food was good. Place is a bit shabby but we may have been biased by Cedar Spring's "eat off the floor" cleanliness and decor.

First night we went to Revolutionary Soup and loved it!

Can't believe we took this long to discover an area we have driven by a thousand times!!!!

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
317 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: amazing weekend in charlottesville

I'm so glad you had a great stay. I have never heard of Cedar Spring Inn, but look forward to finding out more about it.

Next time, try Savour, Escafe, and/or Clifton Inn for restaurants. Also, La Taza is a great coffeehouse serving brunch on weekends and breakfast and lunch on weekends.

Laura

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
317 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: amazing weekend in charlottesville

Wow! The Cedar Spring Inn is 5 minutes from my house! Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Laura

3. Re: amazing weekend in charlottesville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, October 15, 2009