We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charlottesville B & B

usa
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Charlottesville B & B

My husband and I are looking to stay at one of three places in Charlottesville in October. I want to book today or tomorrow. I have them picked out pretty much based on their location and proximity to UVA - it would be nice to be able to just walk there. Has anyone been to any of these places and can give me some info?

They are on the va-guesthouses.com website. These are what is available:

Westview, Cope Foster, Alderman (only twin beds are available here - that's why it's last, but it was the only one I could find a review on, which was a good review))

Thanks for your help!

virginia
Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charlottesville B & B

I checked the website and the only one I'm truly familiar with is Bollingwood which is great and has a great "walk to UVA" location. If you are coming on a football weekend you will have difficulty getting any place. Alderman should be near UVA, Cope Foster sounds like it's nearer the "mall" (a great place but not walking distance to UVA) and I couldn't place Westview. Good Luck.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,546 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charlottesville B & B

I was wondering about the one near the mall too. On first reading I thought you had already spoken to Guesthouses about these. Now I'm not sure. Yes, I'm wondering about your October weekend too since there are so many games/homecoming, leefpeepers, etc. So do book soon. I've known the reservation service for years. It's been around since the mide 70s and they were always very particular about their properties.

You can call them and ask just how far is the distance of the 'walk to UVA'.

Let us know what you found out.

3. Re: Charlottesville B & B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Charlottesville