We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best wineries close to charlottesville?

Yorktown, Virginia
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best wineries close to charlottesville?

We will be visiting Charlottesville in 2 wks and would like to know the best wineries to visit, the ones that are the dont miss! We will be there for 4 nights with another couple and plan to visit wineries a couple of the days. Any suggestions?! Thanks!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best wineries close to charlottesville?

egoodell: where is Feast? and do you know how early they open on Saturday?

virginia
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Best wineries close to charlottesville?

Hey Jenann,

Feast is located in th Main Street Market, which is located on West Main St. between the downtown mall and UVA grounds (closer to downtown mall). It is located at the intersection or 4th St. NW and West Main, and includes a collection of terrific small specialty foods and related shops, Gearhart's chocolates mmmm.., Milano gelato, Seafood @ West Main, etc... I belive Feast! is open 9-6 on Sat., and 10-4 on Sun. (as well as 10-7 mon.-fri.)

charlottesvilleonline.com/cville/Shopping/Ma…

Kansas City
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best wineries close to charlottesville?

thank you ! If we only had 4 hours on a Friday afternoon to go to a couple wineries from Charlottesville and my prioroty is scenery first, wines 2nd, where woudl you all suggest we go? thx

virginia
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Best wineries close to charlottesville?

Hey Jenann,

Based on your requirements I would suggest Oakencroft, White Hall, and King Family. That route is one of the most beautiful drives around, and has the added advantage of putting you right at the interstate (64) when you're done for a quick return to C-ville or to get you on your way to your ultimate destination. King Family's Chardonnay is one of my favorites too. Going south or east of Charlottesville the land is fairly flat, and going north you have too far to go to get to vineyards like Prince Michel or Barboursville so definately go west, you'll feel like you're in the mountains just 5 or 10 minutes west of town. There are good wineries on Rt. 151 in northern Nelson county with great scenery too, but I think the distance from town would make you rush too much.

Have a great time.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
559 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best wineries close to charlottesville?

For scenery, Veritas is definitely at the top of the list.

Charlottesville, VA
Level Contributor
21 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best wineries close to charlottesville?

Hi - Just in case you visit the central Virginia wineries again, I suggest Cooper Vineyards in Louisa County. There's a sign directing you to the winery from I-64 about 30 miles west of Richmond.

(I'll state for the record that, although my name is Cooper, there is no connection between me and the owners of the Cooper Vineyards! I just like their wines.)

My favorite wine from this winery is a sweet red wine called "Sweet Louisa" - yum! I also like their Sangria mixes.

Richmond, Va
4 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Best wineries close to charlottesville?

I took a tour with Arcady Wine Tours last year and it was one of the best wine tasting experiences I have had! If anyone is interested in visiting multiple vineyards in Charlottesville, they make it easy and plan your trip for you based on your wine preferences.

I HIGHLY recommend Arcady! Cheers!

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
317 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Best wineries close to charlottesville?

Vineyards in Central Virginia always gets so many responses. We have so many to choose from. I agree with getting lunch/snacks from Feast or Brix. monticellowinetrail.com lists over 20 wineries and their events. Twice I been to Kluge and have not been impressed either time- very over rated. I thought Oakencroft closed. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the other suggestions. Weekends in the fall will be busy.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
317 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Best wineries close to charlottesville?

I just noticed that this was posted in 2007!! Sorry...

20. Re: Best wineries close to charlottesville?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, March 10, 2010