We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterbury A Good Stop?

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
265 posts
287 reviews
Save Topic
Waterbury A Good Stop?

We are traveling by motorcycle from Solon Me through VT, the Champlain Islands, and ending in Lake George. I like to stop at a motel/hotel that has a place to get something to eat and a drink when we are done for the day. Would Waterbury be a good spot or should we go on to Stowe? Any advice would be helpful. If you have any spots in the Islands that would be great to hear about too. Thanks!

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterbury A Good Stop?

Waterbury or Stowe would be fine. There is a nice Best Western in Waterbury, right off Interstate 89. Stowe is 10 miles north.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
265 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterbury A Good Stop?

We decided to stop in St. Johnsbury, VT. We'll go through the Champlain Islands the next day and stop in Plattsburgh, NY if nothing else strikes our fancy. Any other tips are welcome! Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterbury A Good Stop?

St. J would be a good point to stop. For dinner go to Elements - very good. If you feel like casual, like pizza, check out the St. J House of Pizza. For breakfast, head to Anthonys (downtown, next to McDonalds). The hotel folks can give you good directions.

Are you staying at the Comfort Inn? If so, it's very nice. I've stayed there a couple times and was pleased.

Have a great trip!

4. Re: Waterbury A Good Stop?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Waterbury
More Waterbury Topics