We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French Heritage Days

cleveland, ohio
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
French Heritage Days

We will be in the area during French Heritage days. Any favorite activities? We were thinking of signing up for the historical cruise - do we need to get tickets now? Is the historical interpretation good or should we spent more time at the maritime museum or Shelbourne Farm?

Thanks

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: French Heritage Days

I'm not familiar with French Heritage Days but I just Googled it and it looks really great.

Regarding the cruise -- you should take any opportunity available to be on a boat on Lake Champlain. It's a fantastic lake. (Some even believe that it's a Great Lake ... but that's a different story.) Get tickets as soon as you can. It'll be a treat.

Shelburne Farms is beautiful and it's always wonderful to spend time there. The Maritime Museam is worthwhile but you won't want to spend more than 1/2 day there unless there is some special event going on. It's neat but there isn't much to see.

Drive up to Burlington and spend some time on the water front. Walk the rec path.

I hate to direct you out of Vermont but as a francophile, you might want to take a trip up to Quebec. It's just a short drive from Shelburne. (1.5 hours max). Take a tour of the vineyards. Eat as some of the great restaurants in the Eastern Townships. Or even go up to Montreal -- a fantastic city !

cleveland, ohio
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: French Heritage Days

thanks for your reply. I will try to get the boat reservation this week.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: French Heritage Days

Oh, my gosh, I never heard of this before and wish we could go! We're going to be in the Vergennes area later this summer—unfortunately, after the festival is over. I'll have to plan ahead for next year. Thanks for the post about this!

4. Re: French Heritage Days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 31, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Vergennes
More Vergennes Topics