We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fitness Center in Stowe?

Branford CT
Level Contributor
165 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Fitness Center in Stowe?

Hi. We're going to be staying at the Mountainside Resort for a week, and I was wondering if there is a nearby fitness center/health club where I could go for a week? Either pay daily fees, or one fee for the whole week?

The Mountainside doesn't have workout facilities.

Thanks,

Jean

Mentioned in this post
Mountainside Resort At Stowe
Mountainside Resort At...
147 Reviews
Stowe, VT
Atlanta GA
Level Contributor
9 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fitness Center in Stowe?

My wife and I just returned from the Stowe area.

You should check out Stoweflake Resort and the Topnotch Resort. They both have excellent to magnificent centers. They have pumped millions of dollars into these centers in an effort to out do the other.

www.stoweflake.com/_pgid_19__index.aspx

http://www.topnotchresort.com/

Mentioned in this post
The Stowe Inn
The Stowe Inn
445 Reviews
Stowe, VT
Topnotch Resort
Topnotch Resort
1,006 Reviews
Stowe, VT
Branford CT
Level Contributor
165 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fitness Center in Stowe?

thank you. It looks like Top Notch charges a $40 daily rate, and Stowe Flake charges $20 daily for the fitness center.

If I can't find anything else (I'm used to $10 daily rate down in CT), then I'd try Stowe Flake.

Jean

Mentioned in this post
Stowe
Stowe
Vermont
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fitness Center in Stowe?

Try "The Swimming Hole" - - it is where the locals go. I think they have daily rates that are are in the $10-$15 range.

Branford CT
Level Contributor
165 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fitness Center in Stowe?

thanks. Looks like a neat facility. I'll call them.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
237 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fitness Center in Stowe?

Either Top Notch or Swimming Hole. You can get weekly memberships to either and they are both very nice. I have had weekly memberships to both and would say Top Notch has more in the spa area with a good weight and cardio room but the swimming hole is more geared toward athletics. Lots of swimming, of course and cardio and weights as well. It is very nice.

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Fitness Center in Stowe?

There is also the Stowe Gym on the Mountain Road.

Mentioned in this post
The Stowe Inn
The Stowe Inn
445 Reviews
Stowe, VT
The Mountain Road Resort
The Mountain Road Resort
158 Reviews
Stowe, VT
7. Re: Fitness Center in Stowe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Stowe