We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in VT?

Which Stowe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
167 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in VT?

Basically i'm looking for something with a spa or at least spa services, a romantic room with fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs, but we also don't want to be too far from where we can go dog sledding or snow mobililng. Its our 1st wedding anniversary in December so we want to make it memorable and snowy!!

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in VT?

Since this is in the Stowe forum, I'm assuming you're interested in Stowe? Try the Topnotch or the Stoweflake. The Trapp Family Lodge is gorgeous too. Can't guarantee we'll have snow in December..probably yes, but there is a possiblity it'll still be brown.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in VT?

You might also consider the Green Mountain Inn (Lodge)? Skip the tiny basic rooms. The deluxe rooms and up are spacious and have the jacuzzi tubs. Great bar downstairs at The Whip.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in VT?

If you have not looked up The Stone Hill Inn, I would highly recommend it. The breakfasts are delicious, the rooms are immaculate and have jacuzzi tubs. The Inn is very romantic and would be very nice for your 1st year anniversary. Congrats!

At breakfast, you sit at separate tables. They also have flat screens and wi-fi and have a nice dvd collection you can choose from. We chose to do spa services at Stoweflake- for massages, Marty is amazing! I think that is her name, but if not, ask for the massage therapist that has been there the longest. We were quite relieved that we did not stay at Stoweflake... it looks tired and a bit motel like.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
167 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in VT?

Thanks for all the info - Stone Hill inn sounds lovely - it may be the one!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
167 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in VT?

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
167 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in VT?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
237 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in VT?

Top Notch for a great spa vacation.

boston
Level Contributor
88 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in VT?

If you are looking for a fabulous spa-- I would recommend the Stoweflake. We have stayed there many times. Sometimes with kids and extended family and sometimes just the two of us.

We love everything about it!!!

The only spa services we have had were the massages....they were great. I am a spa junkie and have had massages in many first class spas.

We have stayed for Thanksgiving several times and have been treated to snow. Sometimes more than we bargained for!! --But it is always beautiful.

The Briens

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in VT?

try Top notch if you the $$ is ok for you-The newly renovated Top Notch wins handsown!

10. Re: Where to stay in VT?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 21, 2009