We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve In Stowe

NY
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve In Stowe

Hi everybody,

We are a group of 4 families, with kids (16 in total) and we are trying to plan a 4 day ski vacation.Since 2 of the families are comming from Canada, Stowe looks like a fair drive for everybody

Because we are a pretty big group, we would like to book a hotel / motel / lodge with a family/play room so we can get together after skiing and also have the kids under supervision.

Does anybody have any recommendation about such a place, so I can start looking ?

Thank you in advance for any suggestion

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,223 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve In Stowe

The Golden Eagle has an apartment or 2 available, as well as a variety of rooms. VBRO.com might be another idea - there are a bunch of houses that folks rent out which might fit the bill, depending on how many bedrooms you need.

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve In Stowe

VRBO is a good idea for a group like that. Stowe is $$ when it comes homes, but split among 4 families you might find a place that is doable.

Jay Peak may be another place to look. There is an indoor water park, a restaurant and accommodations all under one roof.

Vermont
Level Contributor
335 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve In Stowe

Check the Stowe Motel. They have 3-4 houses they rent out with ping-pong, hot tubs, etc.. All next to each other.

NY
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve In Stowe

Exactly … I’m surprised that rental a cottage comes being more expensive then booking a motel room …I had a look on vrbo, I did not find anything suitable. I’ll keep looking …

Thank you !!!

NY
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve In Stowe

Got it ...Stow Motel ... the houses next to each other may be a good idea ...

I'll give them a call !!!

New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year's Eve In Stowe

We will be in Stowe Vermont for NYE , 2 adults, 4 teens......We want to make plans,.....cant' find anything listed to do...any suggestions?

Vermont
Level Contributor
335 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year's Eve In Stowe

Go to Burlington for First Night. There is lots going on. www.firstnightburlington.com/page.php…

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Year's Eve In Stowe

If you want something to do on NYE for an over and under 21 age group, then Burlington is your destination. There will be a good bar scene in Stowe, but that doesn't work for the teens. I believe the mountain does some stuff on NYE but it won' t be anything close to the diversity of activities and events going on in Burlington. www.firstnightburlington.com/page.php…

9. Re: New Year's Eve In Stowe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Stowe