We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Butler House Review

Which Stowe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
willowgirl1
6 posts
Save Topic
Butler House Review

I have been meaning to post this for a while, and commented abut the Butler House in another post, but want to post my own review of the Butler House here in the forums.

My husband and I first learned about the Butler House during a week long visit to Stowe in the winter. The woman who was staying there, praised the facility and the management. So when the opportunity to return to Stowe again came up, we decided to check out the Butler House for ourselves and spent a night there in June.

We could not have been more thrilled with the experience. We checked in to a bright, spacious, airy, CLEAN, and beautifully decorated studio. The location, right in the middle of downtown, is perfect, and you have easy access to the shuttle that would bring you up the mountain during the winter season. The owner stopped by shortly after we checked in, introduced himself, made sure we had everything we needed, and then gave us a tour of the rest of the facility. He showed us the 2 bedroom suite, and then the other rooms that he is working on decorating so that he can expand on the rental options that he offers. The bed was very comfortable, there is a working fireplace (that we did not use since it was June), and fully equipped kitchen area. The bathroom was clean and spacious. The owners have created a lovely space for you to relax and unwind. And of course, being that I am a huge fan of Frida's, it was an added bonus that the Butler House and Frida's share the same building. Frida's will also do delivery to anybody staying at the Butler House, you just need to call them and they will arrange to have food brought up to your room.

Let me be clear, this is not a hotel or a resort, so you don't have those amenities. There is no pool, spa, or gift shop. I don't believe they offer housekeeping services on a daily basis, although I am not sure since I was only there for one night. So if you want those types of amenities, then the Butler House isn't for you. The owner describes it, accurately, as a vacation rental. And I can say that they are more accomdating than any hotel I have stayed in. They care that their guests have a good experience, and they will go out of their way to welcome you and make sure you are comfortable.

I seriously can not recommend this place enough or say enough wonderful things about our stay. The rates are reasonable and you are in for a real treat during your stay. For my husband and I, well, we see no reason to stay at any other place in Stowe. If you are traveling to the area, check it out. For some reason you can't rate it on Trip Advisor, but if I could I would give it the best rating possible.

It's rare that I write reviews on message boards but I really want to see this place succeed, it was that wonderful of a stay!

1. Re: Butler House Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, February 21, 2011