We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in December

Which Stowe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Lodging in December

My friends are getting married at the Stowehof Inn this December, and I can't decide if my husband and I should stay there or somewhere else. The reviews are about 50/50. My husband and I were looking forward to making this a romantic vacation for us as well as attending our friend's wedding. Any recommendations?

Burlington, VT
Level Contributor
906 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging in December

I can't speak personally to the Stowehof although it has a good reputation. When we want a romantic getaway weekend nearby we stay in the Mansfield house at the Green Mountain Inn. Fireplace and Jacuzzi in each room. If you're visiting before Christmas week it is still considered off season and you can usually get a decent rate. Don't stay in the main building though - rooms are small, old and noisy.

Waterbury, Vermont
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in December

You should check out the Bed and Breakfasts in Stowe. The reviews on this site are very accurate. When you come to Vermont, the Classic Bed and Breakfast is what you expect and Stowe has alot to offer.

3. Re: Lodging in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:23 am, October 01, 2009