We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place to stay

Monmouth County,NJ
Destination Expert
for Southampton Parish
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
place to stay

Hi and thanks in advance for all advice! I am asking this for my daughter who is a snow-board nut. She and about 5 friends (all early 20s) would like to spend the week after Christmas (about the 26th till about Jan 2,3,or 4th) up in the Stowe area. What would be their best bet on accomodations, hotel, condo, house. Not sure if price is a hugh factor since there could be 4-6 in on it. I have never been up there and don't know anything. Looking for some guidance.

Stowe, VT
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: place to stay

If price isnt a factor, most hotels have a high end room or two of some sort.

Ye Olde England Inne, for example has their Bluff House Suites, in particular the Newcastle Suite, with two bedrooms with queens, and a loft with two twins, and a queen pullout, so it will sleep 8. Double jacuzzi with separate shower, fireplace and wetbar in the living room...comes in around 33 a night including breakfast.

Green Mountain Inn, Mountain Road Resort, Grey Fox Inn, Golden Eagle all have the same luxury room suite type accomodations at comparable prices.

You could also go "all the way" with a condo at Topnotch, but those start around 1100 a night.

IOM
Level Contributor
305 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: place to stay

I am surprised you did not try to convince her to go to Bermuda!!

In all seriousness, I would recommend the Golden Eagle Resort. Great place, great breakfast and walking distance from much of the night life.

I hope they have a great time

Stowe, VT
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: place to stay

If I ever go to Bermuda, you can be sure when I come back I'll know some good places to eat and sleep that I'll be HAPPY to recommend :-)

IOM
Level Contributor
305 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: place to stay

Sorry Stowe Concierge, WhiteDiamondScoot is a regular in the Bermuda forum.

However, should you wish to go to Bermuda, it is a great place for a slightly warmer winter break than Stowe. However, the only skiing you will be doing in waterskiing.

Palmer,Massachusetts
Level Contributor
133 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: place to stay

My wife I have stayed at the Mountain Road Resort a couple of times,and we were quite pleased on both occasions. The rooms were immaculately clean, and the front desk personnel were very pleasant.They were also very helpful as to attractions, dining etc. I would highly recommend this resort

Vermont
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: place to stay

White Diamond,

There are lots of choices in Stowe, it just depends on what type of lodging they want: high end resort, hotel/motel, condo, rental house...

A great resource is www.gostowe.com it's the Stowe Area Association (chamber of commerce and town-wide central reservations combined.)

That's a really busy week, so if they haven't already booked...do it today!

And remember to tell them about Stowe Taxi/Pegs Pick Up when they go out at night. They have vans and all 6 of them can go anywhere in Stowe for about $2-$3 each.

We have over 2 feet of snow, and the snowboarding is great!

Happy Holidays!

Stowe, VT
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: place to stay

Peg's Pickup is only a good idea if you book in advance...they just recently announced that they have cut their fleet, and are requesting 24 hour reservations for most "pickups". They "may" have same day service, but there's no guarantee any more, so it's really not a viable service for the town on a whim.

I'd stick with Blazer, still the easiest, least expensive and most reliable ski type short travel service in the Stowe Village area during the winter..

8. Re: place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, September 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Stowe