We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chester..something in Vermont

Which Stowe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yuma, Arizona
Level Contributor
280 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chester..something in Vermont

Good Day......last week in reviewing the posts, I came across post about a small town I believe is south of Stowe called Chesterfield or Chesterville. I've tried to find the thread, and cannot....I've also tried to find it on my New England map.

Does anyone know what thread that was or the name of the town with all the covered bridges and charming town that begins with Chest......??

Thanks...ragsi

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chester..something in Vermont

Chesterfield NH is located near Brattleboro VT, but that's far south of Stowe.

Of course, there is Chester VT, but that too is far south of Stowe.

I'm struggling to think of any other Vermont town that might be similar.

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chester..something in Vermont

There are lots of covered bridges within a short drive of Chester. What was it particularly about the town that appealed? If we can't find the exact spot your thinking of we'll certainly be happy to suggest an alternative :-)

Yuma, Arizona
Level Contributor
280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Chester..something in Vermont

Evening All...and thank you for your responses.

Apparently, this quaint town, I believe is began with "Chester,,," had great B&B, cafes, covered bridges, and lots of Americana to see.

There's not much Americana in southern Arizona.....that is my hope to see what's pictured on the calendar months....white steeples in wooded forest with fall folliage. Covered bridges over brooks in shadowed foliage with moss on stones. Pumpkin fields and apples groves with roadside stops to buy New England apples and treats to mail back back home.

Will t be possible to buy treated leaves that will last through the Thanksgiving holiday?

I'sdlike to visit antique shops for a piece of jewelry for whatever reason no longer with it's owner......but needing someone wear an keep safe.

We're just so far removed from all that you live in,,,,will there be homemade apple and pumpkin pies? Will I be able to ship boxes of apples to my friends here?

Thank you for taking time to respond to my questions.....ragsi

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chester..something in Vermont

There are many small towns in vermont that would fit your description including Chester. Find a B&B that you like the look of and that has good reviews on TA and then ask the Innkeepers to direct you to the covered bridges, the orchards, the farmstands, the pumpkin patches , antique shops and all the wonderful things your looking for. I don't know about treating leaves - I press some each year and use them for making cards. But for house decoration I use the faux leaf garlands from Micheals or TJ Maxx. You can buy Foliage decoration everywhere up here.

Yuma, Arizona
Level Contributor
280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Chester..something in Vermont

Thank you for the messages...looking forward to our trip!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chester..something in Vermont

Could you be thinking of Waitsfield? That is near Stowe. You might want to also consider Woodstock, VT. You will not have to go far to find a white church with a steeple or a covered bridge, no matter where you decide to visit.

7. Re: Chester..something in Vermont

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 10, 2009