We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountainside Resort at Stowe: Theater in the Woods

Burlington, Vermont
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Mountainside Resort at Stowe: Theater in the Woods

I must admit that I was a little disappointed when I arrived at the Mountainside Resort. Despite the resort's dated exterior, I was quite satisfied with the interior of the Theater in the Woods, a specific unit within the resort. The Theater was perfectly equipped for a ski weekend for 8. The tasteful decor, proximity to skiing and Stowe village, and the great DVD collection would make me likely to return.

Attleboro, MA
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mountainside Resort at Stowe: Theater in the Woods

we're going up to the Mountainside Resort at Stowe in November. Are there restaurants and grocery stores nearby? Did you use the swimming pool? There will be 4 of us and we have requested a 2 bedroom. Is there cerain units better han others for the view of the mountain. Any other information you might be able to provide would be appreciated. Thanks

Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mountainside Resort at Stowe: Theater in the Woods

I don't know anything at all about the Mountainside, but I can HIGHLY recommend a couple restaurants... Jasmine Asian Fusion and Red Basil. They are owned by the same people, but the menus are slightly different. The crispy duck dishes we both got at Jasmine were so good, we decided to try their other restaurant - Red Basil. Though it was excellent, too, I preferred the menu selections at Jasmine. We are planning to visit Stowe again this September... a main reason is the fantastic duck at Jasmine!

Get answers to your questions about Stowe
Recent Conversations
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor