We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resturants near ' Inn at Grace Farms 'in Fairfax

Which Saint Albans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Resturants near ' Inn at Grace Farms 'in Fairfax

We are booked fpr a Saturday night at "The Inn at Grace Farm" in Mid September. Any dinner suggestions nearby?

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resturants near ' Inn at Grace Farms 'in Fairfax

Chow Bella in St. Albans is a decent choice.

http://www.chowbella.us/

I hope you understand that Fairfax is a very very small Vermont town, there's not a lot there in terms of business/dining/etc.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resturants near ' Inn at Grace Farms 'in Fairfax

And there's a decent diner in Fairfax called the Country Pantry.

Very good hearty breakfasts, at minimum. I've never eaten there for lunch or dinner, but I'd guess they're also good.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g57260-d40…

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resturants near ' Inn at Grace Farms 'in Fairfax

You should also ask your Innkeeper - they tend to be experts on local restaurants that are favorites with guests

Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resturants near ' Inn at Grace Farms 'in Fairfax

Thanks everyone. I have found invaluable information on these forums when planning another driving holiday. New England-here we come!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resturants near ' Inn at Grace Farms 'in Fairfax

Innvic wrote:

<<You should also ask your Innkeeper - they tend to be experts on local restaurants that are favorites with guests>>

Generally, that's the best advice of all.

However, in this case, it may not be. This Inn's website lists "local" restaurants it recommends, and all of them are in Burlington, which is a 45 minute drive from the Inn. I found that extremely odd, and somewhat unhelpful for potential visitors. Neither of the two nearby establishments I named are mentioned at the website, and it's not because they are bad places. Very strange.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,885 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resturants near ' Inn at Grace Farms 'in Fairfax

The Country Pantry was (and probably still is) great - it was good hearty fare and very inexpensive. It's recently changed hands and has a new name (which Liz and I can't quite recall). Your innkeeper can direct you.

In St. Albans, there are 3 good places we can recommend:

Chow Bella and Jeff's Maine Seafood - Both on Main St., and generally quite good though pricey for the area, with most entres in the 20s. We've had great meals at Chow Bella, and also a few that we're downright fair-poor.

Our favorite is new place called One Federal - 1 block west of Main St. on Lake St. In 5 visits, it's been consistently good - comfort food made by a culinary school-trained chef, with very pleasant waitstaff. It's inexpensive IMHO, with most entres + sides ranging from $16-25. Glad to suggest a few dishes if you want more detail. Enjoy!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resturants near ' Inn at Grace Farms 'in Fairfax

I had heard there was a new restaurant in spot where the "Old Foundry" had been located, so thanks for the info.

I've never had a good meal at Jeff's Seafood, I've eaten there half a dozen times over the last few years on business occasions. It's always the same: overcooked, greasy seafood.

As for the "Country Pantry", I didn't know it had been sold, though I did know the previous owner had encountered some legal problems that didn't bode well for him.

8. Re: Resturants near ' Inn at Grace Farms 'in Fairfax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 06, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Saint Albans