We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from train station to airport?

new york
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Distance from train station to airport?

We were thinking of taking a trip up from New York - via Amtrak to the train station. But we'd like to have a car once we're up there. Does anyone know how easy that would be? I understand the car rentals are at the airport. How far is this from the train station?

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from train station to airport?

The airport is a fair drive from the train station and in another town [don't ask but the Rutland Airport is in Clarendon,VT]. There are car rental places however in down town Rutland [close to the train station]. I just check quick, but you could rent from Budget and I expect there are more.

I don't know that there is one, but you could also check on if there a shutle service to the Airport. There a bus that has service in the Rutland area, called "The Bus" [I kid you not] that would take you to the airport. Their web site will give you an idea of is this will work for you http://www.thebus.com/route_7_south.htm

Mentioned in this post
Rutland Airport
Rutland Airport
Rutland, VT
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from train station to airport?

There is Enterprise, Toyota Rent a Car, and Majestic Car Rental all within a couple of miles from the train station. Some hotels offer complimentary shuttles to the train station and local business so you should ask about that when calling to make reservations.

Enterprise - 802-773-0855

Toyota Rent a Car - 802-776-6000

Majestic Car Rental - 802-773-5901

Hope this helps.

3. Re: Distance from train station to airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 05, 2009