We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sites and suggetions around Quechee Gorge

Macomb, Michigan
Level Contributor
239 posts
415 reviews
Save Topic
Sites and suggetions around Quechee Gorge

Hi my wife and I are planning a car driving trip in mid-May for a few days driving in from I-90 East to Quechee Gorge. We are mid 50's and enjoy seeing sites, small towns, scenery & wildlife. Looking for suggestions for say 3-4 days coming in from I-90 East to the Quechee area and then continuing on to Franconia, NH. Again, I know there is probably a lot to do in detail but looking for a nice ride and views with a little bit on mile to two walking with views or naybe interseting towns or a area specific museum. Also a route with any memorable covered bridges would be cool also.

Mentioned in this post
Quechee Inn At Marshland Farm
Quechee Inn At Marshland...
353 Reviews
Quechee, VT
Franconia
Franconia
White Mountains, NH
4 replies to this topic
Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sites and suggetions around Quechee Gorge

Afternoon Newadventures5,

If you contact the www.VermontVacation.com and ask them for a free State map, all the covered bridges are marked in this. I would suggest you spend a night or two in Woodstock VT (www.woodstockvt.com) and you can then take a drive via South Royalton (exit 3 I89) up route 110 which offers you a covered bridges loop and back down route 12.

The drive to Franconia NH from the Woodstock area takes less than 3 hours and there several ways you can go, all very picturesque.

You mention I90 but I think you may mean I91? this route goes north-south in Vermont.

In Woodstock you can walk in the Mount Tom national park and also visit the Marsh Billings Rockefeller museum.

Mentioned in this post
Woodstock
Woodstock
Vermont
Franconia
Franconia
White Mountains, NH
Vermont
Vermont
United States
Mount Tom
Mount Tom
130 Reviews
Woodstock, VT
Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
498 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sites and suggetions around Quechee Gorge

I was going to suggest Simon Pierce Glass. The store is open and nice to browse but the glass blowing studio won't be open until 6/2. http://www.simonpearce.com/category/about+us/events.do

The covered bridge there is also closed due to damage from Irene.

Here is a list of Vermont Muesums

…wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_museums_in_Vermo…

Mentioned in this post
Vermont
Vermont
United States
Macomb, Michigan
Level Contributor
239 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sites and suggetions around Quechee Gorge

Thanks for you inputs. I will start researching them this weekend. We appreciate your inputs. Vermont, NH & Maine are the last three states in the US that my wife & I have not visited. Actually years ago I was in Maine for some work, but that doesn't count as fun (lol).

On the route coming in I meant we were coming in I-90 East from Michigan to Buffalo then probably one of the two North / South Expressways.

Thanks,

Ed

Mentioned in this post
Vermont
Vermont
United States
Maine
Maine
United States
Michigan
Michigan
United States
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Macomb, Michigan
Level Contributor
239 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sites and suggetions around Quechee Gorge

Thanks Xeena,

Really looking forward to seeing the area. Any concerns besides the chance of cooler weather by visiting in Mid-May ?

Reply to: Sites and suggetions around Quechee Gorge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Quechee