We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corn guy in Quechee

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
141 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Corn guy in Quechee

For years there was this guy named Norm who roasted corn on the cob near Quechee Gorge on a stone pit he built himself. About 4 years ago I had heard he had to stop because apparently the state wouldn't let him continue since he had no license to serve food there.

Does anyone know if Norm is still around and if he is doing this anywhere else in the area? The corn was out of this world and we've missed having it every summer!!

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corn guy in Quechee

JustCurious44,

I think you mean Fool on the Hill and it finally closed last year and is still for sale...so perhaps you could buy it and revive the tradition....with a licence!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
141 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corn guy in Quechee

Thanks for the reply, but I think I'm talking about a different person. I know the guy you're talking about was younger, and the one I referred to, Norm, was in his 60s. His hand-built fire stove was near the entrance to Quechee Gorge, north of Fool on the Hill. We went to Quechee each summer for over 10 years until 2006, and I think Norm was not there that summer.

lake havasu arizona
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Corn guy in Quechee

Hi

Is that the place that had the little cows ,bears ect, and the 2 golden retrevers , That was great corn there. We are coming back to Vermont on October i hope there still there.

mike

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Corn guy in Quechee

Hi Havasu_heat,

The place I'm talking about did sell different model animals stuck in the hillside on stakes and they are no more....

Portland, Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Corn guy in Quechee

I am very sad to hear the place is out of business. I am planning a trip this fall to Vermont/NH after a 10-year absence and that place was on my list of must-see. The corn there was amazing and I loved the cute little cows on the hillside. I'd forgotten about the retrievers, but remember them, now. Sad, indeed.

Edited: 1:45 am, July 30, 2010
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
141 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Corn guy in Quechee

It's great that everyone is having a discussion about Fool On the Hill and the corn at that location. However, my original post concerned a corn guy right by Quechee Gorge. I guess I'll just have to stop by the gift shop at the Gorge in August and inquire there. I'm sort of surprised no one knows who I'm talking about!

7. Re: Corn guy in Quechee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 27, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Quechee