We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski rentals at okemo vs renting in advance?

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Ski rentals at okemo vs renting in advance?

We are beginners and are considering renting skis in advance in hopes of better quality equipment and avoiding long lines this weekend. Any advice on renting at okemo vs renting from a ski shop in advance?

Chester, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski rentals at okemo vs renting in advance?

My personal suggestion is to go for the equipment at the lodge....it is in great shape. Will you have lines, yes. But the process is well organized. If you do not mind paying extra the night before at a local ski shop...then go for it. Both will take equal amount of time, both will give you the same quality.

Have fun!...the conditions are VG right now.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,750 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski rentals at okemo vs renting in advance?

I agree to rent at Okemo rather than renting somewhere else.

port republic
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski rentals at okemo vs renting in advance?

Any equipment problems can be addressed on the mountain if that is where you rent. otherwise you have to go off mountain to the rental shop.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ski rentals at okemo vs renting in advance?

Thanks so much for the advice! Much appreciated

NJ
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ski rentals at okemo vs renting in advance?

agree with above posters. headed there in a week and will rent on mountain- sometimes you get a better deal off mountain but if there is a problem it is NOT a big production. I considered buying new skis this year but decided to wait. I do bring my own boots....

6. Re: Ski rentals at okemo vs renting in advance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, May 25, 2017