We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lift tickets and ski hire

kilkenny
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Lift tickets and ski hire

Hi, can anyone tell me if it’s possible to buy a lower mountain lift pass as half of our group have not skied before ? Also any recommendations for good value ski equipment hire , we will staying in Ludlow. Any other information greatly appreciated ☺️

6 replies to this topic
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,749 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lift tickets and ski hire

Are you skiing at Okemo or somewhere else? Actually I have never heard of a lower mountain lift ticket anywhere. Of course you can just ski on the easier (green dot) trails for beginner level slopes.

kilkenny
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lift tickets and ski hire

Thanks, yes in Okemo, we just didn’t want to pay for lifts that won’t be used until nearer the end of the week, so do we need a gondola / green run pass for our beginners do you know ?

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,749 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lift tickets and ski hire

Unless I am mistaken, it is one lift ticket for all lifts and areas. There is no separate lift ticket for the easier slopes.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lift tickets and ski hire

If you look at the group lessons page, you wlll see that you can sign up for beginner lessons (the red dot) that will include unlimited use of the lower mountain lifts, so that may be the answer for the first day or two. https:/…

kilkenny
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lift tickets and ski hire

Thank you

New Haven...
Level Contributor
259 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lift tickets and ski hire

We rent some of our ski equipment from Tygart Mountain sports in Ludlow. I've found them affordable and super helpful.

Edited: 11:14 pm, February 13, 2018
Reply to: Lift tickets and ski hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted