We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year Eve At Killington

New York
8 posts
Save Topic
New Year Eve At Killington

Some friends and I are headed up to Killington for NYE. We are interested in meeting new people. We are all guys in our mid-20s mainly from New York and New Jersey... We have a house and plan on ringing in the New Year right... Any groups of single girls out there in the same boat... Give me a shout on this chain...

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year Eve At Killington

Steve79,

Whilst i am not a girl, I think your New Year plans sound great. I'm sure you'll get loads of contacts Where are you staying, cos I'd love to join you!!!!

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year Eve At Killington

Calm down David - your much too old to party with a group of twentysomethings looking for girls :-)

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year Eve At Killington

InnVIc,

Who says? Had the practice - now need the action! I can always tend the bar and work on the action! As they say in Are you Being Served....."Are you free?"

New York, NY
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year Eve At Killington

Hi Steve,

Me and two of my girlfriends are planning to go up to Killington for New Years from New York City.

Have you been up there before?

We are wondering what people do for New Years besides go to the picklebarrel and wobbly barn.

Thanks for the help.

New York
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year Eve At Killington

Hoya-

This is our 1st time headed up there for New Years as well, we are tired of New Years in the city. I have heard the party is at the same to places you mentioned. I have also heard there are alot of house parties. We are headed up on Friday the 29th and I guess we will figure it out then.

Where are you girls staying and when are you headed up?

Steve

New York, NY
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year Eve At Killington

Definitely sympathize with you guys on wanting to be out of New York for NYE (ie: we want to drink and have fun without any $200 cover, bottle minimum, or velvet rope involved). We decided we aren't high maintenance enough for another New York City New Years, so Killington here we come.

We are going to head up the 30th (I think it's the Saturday) from the city and have reservations at a hotel about 3 miles away from Killington until the 1st.

We are in a bit of a bind right now, because we aren't sure how we're getting up there just yet. So suggestions on that are appreciated.

What do you guys have planned? How far away from the slopes is your place?

Keep me posted on this thing. It should be a fun New Years!

New York
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year Eve At Killington

You might want to rent a car or there is a train that goes up there directly, I believe.

Do me a favor, email me if your comfortable doing so and we can talk off line. Not crazy about getting into the details of my trip on a public website.

seschlow@aol.com

NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New Year Eve At Killington

Hey we're going with a group of 12 people ages 22-24. Staying around the same dates as you and we have an even split of girls to guys. We're staying in condos at whiffletree and most likely going to the Pickle Barrel for New Years. Someone mentioned a $60 cover which is better than the usual $200 in NYC. We're all from NY metro area and hoping for a great weekend. Let me know if you find any other details on NYE prices/covers at pickle barrel.

New York
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: New Year Eve At Killington

I am unsure of what the covers are for W. Barn or P. Barrel... I hear those are the places to be but I am looking into all posible options. I believe the only way to get into W. Barn is to eat dinner there on NYE. I will try and get more info, see what other options are around but would be nice to find some people are age to party with on NYE.

Steve

westchester,NY
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: New Year Eve At Killington

hey.. me and 2 of my girls are from westchester and are heading up there also. but we don't know what hotel to stay in that weekend.. any suggestions?