We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Friendly Killington Lodging?

New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
Family Friendly Killington Lodging?

We are trying to plan a family ski week between Christmas and New Years for our family and another. Together we have 5 children between the ages of 7 & 10 years of age.

We'd like something convenient to slopes for ease with the kids. Have read reviews of some resorts which aren't all they say they are and don't enforce noise rules. Would prefer townhome if possible. Appreciate your suggestions

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Friendly Killington Lodging?

Look into staying at Pico, a part of Killington that caters to families. They have townhomes right at the base, and the ski area isn't as crazily crowded as Killington. While I like Killington at non-holiday times, Pico is much more relaxed, especially with kids.

Pico connects to Killington via the bus system.

You'll pay through the nose for townhomes at that time of year.

We stayed in Rutland last year, and found the 15 min drive to be perfectly acceptable. I don't go skiing for the nightlife, and am less into that since I reporduced.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Friendly Killington Lodging?

Look into staying at Pico, a part of Killington that caters to families. They have townhomes right at the base, and the ski area isn't as crazily crowded as Killington. While I like Killington at non-holiday times, Pico is much more relaxed, especially with kids.

Pico connects to Killington via the bus system.

You'll pay through the nose for townhomes at that time of year.

We stayed in Rutland last year, and found the 15 min drive to be perfectly acceptable. I don't go skiing for the nightlife, and am less into that since I reporduced.

Sparta, NJ
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Friendly Killington Lodging?

My family is 5 children, ages 9, 10, 12, 14,and 15.

We go to vermont 3 to 4 times every winter, ( We're from NJ)

We always stay at High Ridge or sunrise but at this late date all the 4 bedroom condos have already been booked and there is not very many of them. You can still get a couple of 3 bedroom. Good Luck

NJ & VT
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Friendly Killington Lodging?

Try Trail Creek.... get a 3 BR or better yet a 2 BR with loft... The 2 BR & loft can easily sleep 8 people in their own bed.... The 2 BR loft lets you toss alot of the kids up top ( along with all their mess / stuff ) so your not walking over it .... Trail Creek also has a ski home trail which is a huge plus !!!

5. Re: Family Friendly Killington Lodging?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, August 19, 2009