So I thought I would separate out this from my 1st timer questions thread now that I am here.
Briefly to bring you up to speed, I started skiing on tuesday the 5th to decent conditions. Skied again on the 6th and the ice that was around the day before grew exponentially . I also learned of an approaching blizzard that would certainly threaten my flight out on saturday. Decided to move my departure date back a day as not to miss out on the storm of the season. I probably would have been stranded and the Manchester airport anyway, so why not have some fun with 2 feet of snow?
The Mountain ops team is just giddy. They are now believing this will be a 2 foot plus event. The mountain needs it.
I hit the Grand Killington Spa today which was nice. Then I swapped out my sticks for more of an all mountain/powder ski for this event. Drove over to Pico just to check it out and it is very close. I would say 10 minute drive or less. Pico looks like a fun hill, but it is hurting worse than Killington for some snow. Luckily that will change very soon :)
I imagine the masses (if they can get here) will start to arrive tomorrow and even more so on Saturday and Sunday.