We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Killington for Easter 2011

stoney creek ON
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Killington for Easter 2011

Pretty strongly thinking about driving out to Killington for Easter in a couple of weeks. Mainly because it is the only mountain that will still be open within an 8-10 hour drive.

I know the conditions are going to be spring skiing conditions but do they leave enough runs open to make it worth it?

Is it still a decent party spot in the spring?

Also, does anybody know any good places to stay?

Thanks

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Killington for Easter 2011

Even though Killington has massive snow depths right now, this is April: anything could happen in the next couple weeks. (Including snow! But also including a major warm weather event.) So, it is impossible to tell you whether it will be "worth it".

It's a "decent" party spot in the spring, especially compared to the very few other places open. Used to be much better, but after an ownership change a few years ago, Killington is less devoted to spring skiing and therefore the bars don't stay open either. However, I would wager the Pickle Barrel will stay open, maybe have a "kill the kegs" party like they used to. Also, the Lookout will be open. There may also be a closing party at another place, and those are usually fun.

It's really difficult to answer your "where to stay" question out of the blue. If you take a look at a few places in your budget and come back and ask about them, that would be much more productive for everyone.

P.S. I'm fairly certain Sugarbush is open that weekend, if you want to look into them as well.

Edited: 9:19 am, April 08, 2011
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
381 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Killington for Easter 2011

I am thinking of Easter weekend, Apr 22 – Apr 25. So far, that seems pretty surely worth skiing. Isn’t it???

Edited: 4:24 pm, April 20, 2011
3. Re: Killington for Easter 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, October 26, 2012