We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young/Fun/Nice/Close places to stay in Killington

Which Killington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
74 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Young/Fun/Nice/Close places to stay in Killington

Hoping to make my first stop to Killington on Presidents day, to surprise my GF. Will be going with another couple. This is only my 2nd time skiing so I apologize for any botched vernacular:

We had stayed at Green Mountain Inn last year in Stowe, which was great. I would like to recreate the experience in Killington -- but am finding it tough.

Trying to find a place that's reasonably priced (at most $250/night), is a good value at that price, has a hot tub, is not too small/intimate, better suited for young couples/singles -- and here is a catch.. something that is still close to the mountain/access road. I showed the other couple the Vermont Inn website and was told that it was too intimate/far away from the mountain for their liking.

Is there a "go-to" place that fits this criteria? I'm finding that reviews of places like Contina etc. are very very mixed. I'm additionally finding some other places, but they are smaller and not very close to the mountaintop.

Thank you!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Young/Fun/Nice/Close places to stay in Killington

toby if you can swap your pres day holiday for another day, you absolutely should do that. Pres day weekend is probably second only to New Years for high prices, or possibly even more expensive than New Years! If you stick to Killington, there will be plenty of nightlife through March. Not sure about when Stowe nightlife slows down.

Your comparison of Stowe, Sugarbush, and Killington is pretty spot-on.

Killington, VT
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Young/Fun/Nice/Close places to stay in Killington

Hi A GREAT place to go is the Kokopelli Inn. It's about 2 minutes from the Skyship (the longest gondola at Killington and right between the main base lodge and Bear Mountain, so the location is GREAT with lots of options.

There's a very nice breakfast, with lots of cereals, muffins, bagels etc.

The place is very friendly and the people that work there are so nice as are the guests. There's a big hot tub on the deck and a bar that is hopping on the weekends, but ends early enough so that you can get to sleep.

There's a huge fireplace in the cozy living room. Loved it here and made it my go to place as a single woman, very comfy and friendly.

13. Re: Young/Fun/Nice/Close places to stay in Killington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, October 18, 2009