We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife choices at Smuggler's Notch

Which Jeffersonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
nightlife choices at Smuggler's Notch

Guys' weekend coming up in 3 weeks. We're staying trailside at Smuggler's Notch. First time there for me. What are the various bars/pubs options both at the mountain and a short drive away??

Thanks....

Vermont
Level Contributor
536 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nightlife choices at Smuggler's Notch

Hmmmm - really, none. Smuggler's Notch is pretty darn mellow. They have a small bar in the village of Smuggler's Notch. Then there is the Brewski right outside of the entrance to Smuggs. There used to be a cute little pub called the Lion's Den right in Jeffersonville but I heard that recently closed. Stowe is just across the mountain - with quite a few options but since it is winter the notch is closed and it is a 45 minute drive around Mt. Mansfield. Burlington is also about a 45 minute commute and there are bars galore! Lets just say people don't go to Smugg's for the party/pub experience. It is totally geared towards family. But if you're willing to drive to Burlington you'll find plenty to do. Smugg's is a GREAT mountain for skiing and I do love having a Trout River Brew at the Brewski after a day on the Madonna Mtn. slopes.

Have a great trip!

Ash

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nightlife choices at Smuggler's Notch

Crap! Thanks, Ash. The only reason we are going to Smuggs is because a couple of the guys actually have the place as a timeshare for 3 weeks (both families with young kids who will be up there for the school vaca week). The last weekend of the timeshare was given to the guys and their friends.

Yeah, I'm aware of the drive to Stowe in winter, and the distance to Burlington. No good. I guess we'll have to make do with whatever slim pickins' are there.

Thanks......

Vermont
Level Contributor
536 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nightlife choices at Smuggler's Notch

Don't get discouraged, I'm sure you guys will make due and have a BLAST!

Happy skiing!

Ash

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: nightlife choices at Smuggler's Notch

There are a couple of bars in Jeff.

And one in Johnson.

Pretty slow scene overall.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nightlife choices at Smuggler's Notch

It's true, the nightlife in Jeff is pretty scarce. And the Long Trail Tavern in Johnson is not what I would call a place with atmosphere..LOL But, if you're looking for a place for cheap beer, a couple of rounds of pool, then why not?

Morrisville (or Mo Vegas) has a couple of places that are a little better. The Charlemont on Rt 15 has live music on Fridays and Saturdays, and a small patch of dance floor. Hilarys is a little restaurant/bar on Rt 100, just down the road. They used to make a mean Alabama Slammer - but that was many moons ago....