We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snowboarding / partying

Which Jay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
14 posts
Save Topic
snowboarding / partying

Hey

Me and a few buddies (age:22/23) are going to Jay Peak during the first week of January. We're looking for another mountain close by (an hour-an hour 1/2 drive max) to go snowboarding (2 days jay peak, 2 days another mountain). We're also wondering if there are any bars/good party places in the jay peak area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Corinth, Vermont
Level Contributor
63 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snowboarding / partying

Check out Burke Mountain. www.skiburke.com

This might fit your criterion.

Can't help with bars. Sorry.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snowboarding / partying

As far as bars, etc, look in the Montgomery Ctr, Vt forum, perhaps you will find something under "things to do " or "restaurants."

Other places to check out for snowboarding within your travel parameters.

Bolton Valley, Stowe, Sugarbush and Smugglers Notch. Think snowboarding is allowed at all these areas, do verify.

Warren, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Waitsfield
Level Contributor
152 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snowboarding / partying

you should hit Sugarbush. It is rated best terrain. Whether you love the woods or groomers the two mountains of sugarbush has it. I am biased, I live here & have pas & ride the mountain hard. The crowds are typically less then the other big mts. If you are good riders be sure to hit Castle Rock at lincoln Peak & Bravo & Exterminator at North.

New York
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: snowboarding / partying

You can check out Smugglers Notch. It is about an hour and a half drive. Or, Stowe, not far away from Smuggs. Both places are pretty cool, and Smugglers Notch has the only triple black diamond in the East despite its reputation as a family resort. (check out: http://vertexpress.com/smugglers-notch/smugglers-notch-top-family-vacations-and-the-only-triple-black-diamond-in-the-east)

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,948 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: snowboarding / partying

Stowe is ~1:15 in good weather from Jay, and Sugarbush is at least 2:20 each way.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: snowboarding / partying

Looking at Mapquest, it looks like Sugarbush is only 35 minutes farther away from Jay than Stowe.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,948 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: snowboarding / partying

That sounds a little low, but it could be.... I think it's a little farther though. I did mapquest as well and got the 2:20.... A good thing to sanity check I guess. Sugarbush is a nice large resort with a bunch of high speed quads last I went years ago.

8. Re: snowboarding / partying

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 13, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Jay