We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highway Safety

Vermont
1 post
Save Topic
Highway Safety

Out of town and out of state travelers take notice; the local sheriff/counstable is very strict on moving vehicle and speeding violations. He is a prolific ticket writer and is in an unmarked gray buick.

Just an FYI so you can enjoy your visit !

ct
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Highway Safety

Good news! He has been voted out of office. Come to Island Pond, drive safe and enjoy this beautiful area.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Highway Safety

I was hit with a $199.00 ticket in Island Pont in September of 2007 . I was driving a car with a Pennsylvania license plate. The cop said I hesitated after going through a stop sign!Talk about a scam. Of course i paid since my choice was to come all the way back from Pensylvania to fight the ticket. I am glad that the good people of Island Pond have gotten rid of this Bozo.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Highway Safety

TravelalertVermont,

I have found that certain towns in Vermont seem keener to apply the law with little sensitivity to folks who may be unfamiliar with local speed limits, than others. Whilst I support the principle of applying fines to those who commit offences, a little more gentle cautioning could I feel be more sensitive and effective.

It is good to see that the Island Pond residents voted on this matter, and I deduce agreed with this forum member, by removing this officer from duty!

4. Re: Highway Safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, September 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Island Pond