We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montpelier to Burlington lodging

Sonoma, California
Level Contributor
85 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Montpelier to Burlington lodging

My husband and I will be visiting his family in Montpelier for three nights at New Years and have an early flight out of Burlington at the end. I would like to stay somewhere nice (read: a bit more upscale) and cozy and not too Victorian. Since it will be the holidays, I want something lovely for less than $200/night. Any ideas? Warren and Waitsfield seem a bit far. Not sure what the other choices are. Thanks!!

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montpelier to Burlington lodging

There is a nice place on Route 100 in Waterbury called the Thatcher Brook Inn. I've never stayed there, but I've always admired it when I pass by. They also get good reviews here on Tripadvisor.

Waterbury is located halfway between Burlington & Montpelier and is a good place to base yourself for touring the area.

Burlington, Vermont
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Montpelier to Burlington lodging

I would recommend the Green Mountain Inn in Stowe. It's lovely. There are quite a few places in Stowe and it's not too far from Montpelier. It is @ 45 minutes from Burlington but close to Interstate 87. Enjoy!

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montpelier to Burlington lodging

I like the Green Mountain Inn as well. Just remember to get a deluxe room or suite. The basic rooms are about the size of a decent closet (or typical NYC hotel room). The bar (The Whip) is a great place to relax and get a decent pint.

Warren, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Waitsfield
Level Contributor
152 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montpelier to Burlington lodging

There are some nice places on the north side of Waitsfield a few minutes from Rt 89.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Montpelier to Burlington lodging

Are you departing on New Year? If you are flying on New Year or any day in the winter and you have an early morning flight I suggest staying somewhere in Burlington or Williston. If there is a heavy snow fall, black ice on the roads or white out you don't want to deal with these things before your early departure. We live across the lake in NY but in the winter when we have early flight we stay in Burlington near the airport. We often stay in one of Marriott's hotels but I bet someone from Burlington area knows about more upscale places in Burlington for one night. Although it may be hard to find something for less than $200 for New Year's Eve. Every New Year's Eve Burlington has a huge celebration all over the town from noon until midnight. It is a festival of art and a big entertainment opportunities for a whole families. Alcohol free.

www.firstnightburlington.com

Green Mountain Inn is a lovely place but I wouldn't recommend staying there for your early departure from BTV. Good luck!

6. Re: Montpelier to Burlington lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:11 am, July 16, 2007
7. Re: Montpelier to Burlington lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:24 am, August 17, 2009