We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to burlington from san francisco

Which Burlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
3 posts
Save Topic
getting to burlington from san francisco

Hi-

I'm traveling to Burlington for a triathlon on August 16. I'd like to fly Virgin America. Which makes the most sense; flying into Logan (Boston) or JFK (New York)? It looks like we can get to Burlington from either airport on Jet Blue.

Any help appreciated. Also I'm traveling with a bike.

thanks very much,

meg

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to burlington from san francisco

best schedule/best price is what makes most sense.

If you are flying to Burlington, not sure why the connection makes a difference.

San Francisco...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to burlington from san francisco

because of problems others may have encountered with terminals being far apart and short connection times..or issues with expensive bikes, or airlines that people who travel to Burlington know about that may not show up on internet searches...other factors that I haven't considered. You know, stuff like that. Have you flown to Burlington from California?

thanks if you have anything to share.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to burlington from san francisco

I would just take JetBlue straight from CA. You'll connect at JFK. Then you won't have to worry about getting your luggage and re-checking in with JetBlue at JFK if you fly in with a different airline. You could also try United which would connect you to BTV through Chicago O'Hare or Washington Dulles.

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to burlington from san francisco

I frequently fly JetBlue to (or through) NYC. It's always very easy and very comfortable.

I'm sure that it would be just as easy to use JetBlue to fly to Logan and back.

Waitsfield, Vermont
Level Contributor
748 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting to burlington from san francisco

If you want a non-stop, go SFO to BOS (not JFK... it's a six hour drive).

If you don't mind connecting, fly on Continental SFO - EWR - BTV, or on United SFO - ORD - BTV, or on Jet Blue SFO - JFK - BTV.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting to burlington from san francisco

If memory serves, Jet Blue flies from Oakland - JFK - BTV. The food is quite good in their JFK terminal too. :)

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: getting to burlington from san francisco

Meg sorry didn't really understand or think anyone would have all the VA flights and connections to another airline memorized. Apparently no one else has any suggestions that start with VA either. Agree with those that suggest 1 airline which would be required to meet connecting flight requirements. BTW does it make sense to separately ship the bike.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
498 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: getting to burlington from san francisco

I would not suggest booking separate tickets. If your flight from San Fran is delayed the next airline won't know, you'll miss your flight and incur change fees, plus you'd also have to collect your baggage and recheck with the separate airline.

Virgin Atlantic does not serve the BTV airport. You can look at a booking site like kayak or orbitz to get a feel for what airlines go to BTV.

FYI - I’ve always connected in O’Hare when flying to San Jose.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: getting to burlington from san francisco

The BTV airlines are United, USAir, Delta, Continental, & Jet Blue. (I think that's it... No AA, Virgin, or SW in any case.)

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: getting to burlington from san francisco

Check to see if it is possible to use another airport, like Bradley in Hartford CT or maybe Albany NY. You could easily drive to Burlington from either of these.

Get answers to your questions about Burlington