We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transportation from St Albans Vt. to Rouses Point Ny

Which Burlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
massachusetts
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
public transportation from St Albans Vt. to Rouses Point Ny

I want to take the train to St Albans Vt and go from there to Rouses Point Ny to catch the train to Montreal Canada. Any ideas how I can do that. Is there an interstat bus service?

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public transportation from St Albans Vt. to Rouses Point Ny

I doubt there's bus service from St. Albans to Rouse's Point, though perhaps someone can prove me wrong.

I'm guessing you are deliberately avoiding finishing the Vermont Amtrak journey to Montreal that finishes by bus at St. Albans. That's a lot of extra work to get to the Amtrak Adirondacker train to finish the journey...are you sure it's worth the extra time/hassle?

massachusetts
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: public transportation from St Albans Vt. to Rouses Point Ny

Wow, I was not aware that the trip continued by buts to Montreal. I just want to get to Montreal the best way via public transportation.

Are you sure that the suttle is still running?

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: public transportation from St Albans Vt. to Rouses Point Ny

Roses Point is a little village with no car rental no public transportation. signothetimes53 is right, no public transportation between Rouses Point and St. Albans. No public transportation between Burlington, VT and Plattsburgh, NY. These are two bigger towns in the area. There is no easy way to get to Montreal via Rouses Point. Maybe hitchhiking but I wouldn't recommend this approach

MA
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: public transportation from St Albans Vt. to Rouses Point Ny

I also want to get from the Vermonter to the Adirondack train lines, to go from MA to Montreal next summer. Did you ever find a way?

5. Re: public transportation from St Albans Vt. to Rouses Point Ny

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 23, 2012