We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic inn or b&b under $150/night?

Which Burlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston, ma
6 posts
Save Topic
Romantic inn or b&b under $150/night?

I'm planning an anniversary celebration and I'm looking for a cozy little romantic place (even a hotel, provided it's on the small side) where my husband and I can spend a long weekend.

After nixing an $800 plane trip and $200+/night trip to San Francisco, I've decided on something more affordable (and driveable), but I'm a little overwhelmed by all the choices in Vermont...it's just too long a list to start with! :)

Would love a place that served great breakfasts, too...and something more on the clean, simple lines, than over-decorated Victorian...(which is why I'm open to a hotel).

Thanks for any suggestions.

syracuse,ny
Level Contributor
65 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic inn or b&b under $150/night?

You'd probably Love StoweFlake in Stowe, but I'm not sure about getting it for $150 per night. Call them - they do offer packages that include breakfast in their restaurant, rooms with fireplaces, spa sessions, etc. If you want the quieter atmosphere, outdoor setting, Then try the BlackBear Inn, Bolton Valley, VT. Just 15 min. outside of Burlington, on a mountain, etc. We paid arount $190 per night, over NewYear's Weekend last winter and enjoyed it. Did include breakfast there and we went into town for dinners, but I know the Inn offers dinners also. This is not as clean/classy as StoweFlake, but decent. Decor is more basic, and you aren't paying for $150 Hubbardton Forge robe hooks on the wall! Good Luck. Write back if you want more info.

Northwestern VT
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic inn or b&b under $150/night?

You'll love the four star Inn on the Common in Craftsbury. http://www.innonthecommon.com/index.htm

And look it up on Frommer's website.

Manassas, VA
Level Contributor
73 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic inn or b&b under $150/night?

Where exactly in Vermont do you want to stay? I think the Stoweflake is probably a good idea.... Craftsbury is lovely too though I have never been to the Inn on the Common... Do you have an idea of where you'd like to be?

New York City
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic inn or b&b under $150/night?

The Inn at Essex (near Burlington) is also a great choice. It is a country hotel that was recently renovated....bright colors....very "country contemporary". Their food service is done by the New England Culinary Institute (fantastic). Depending upon when you want to go - they might be able to meet your budget.

Their website is www.VTCulinaryResort.com

Good luck!

Northwestern VT
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic inn or b&b under $150/night?

The Inn on the Common in Craftsbury is owned and operated by the original developers/innkeepers of the Inn at Essex.

work
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic inn or b&b under $150/night?

Try The Sampler House B&B in Milton a charming and REALLY affordable B&B near Burlington. Thrir website is ww.samplerhouse.com

Vermont
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic inn or b&b under $150/night?

The Moose Meadow Lodge is a great place to stay. It is found at Moosemeadowlodge.com. It's a rustic log cabin with a great view. It's run by 2 guys who make you feel right at home with as much interaction as you'd like or not. They just won Vermont B&B of the year. They only have 3 rooms, but on the poperty there is a pond and a hike up to the top of the mtn where there is an enclosed gazebo.

Northwestern VT
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic inn or b&b under $150/night?

There is also teh Lang House B&B on Main Street. http://www.lanierbb.com/search/link.php?pt=bb&id=27975&site=http://www.langhouse.com&name=Lang+House+on+Main+Street

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic inn or b&b under $150/night?

I love the Timberholm Inn in Stowe, and the breakfasts are terrific!

Here's the website...

http://www.timberholm.com/