We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from Plattsburgh to BTV

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
transportation from Plattsburgh to BTV

My daughter is planning to attend SUNY Plattsburgh this fall. We are trying to find out if there are any taxi/limo services from Plattsburgh to the Burlington airport so she can fly home to Buffalo during breaks(she doesn't want to take the little puddle jumpers out of Plattsburgh airport). I checked the Greyhound site and it says it takes almost 17 hours to get from Plattsburgh to Burlington. How crazy is that!!

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from Plattsburgh to BTV

Plattsburgh has several limo companies that almost certainly can provide transportation, simply type in "Plattsburgh limo service" at google.

A more cost-effective alternative would be to use a campus billboard of some sort to find a ride to Burlington with another student who might be commuting that way, or Craig's list for commuters. There are hundreds and hundreds of people who commute between the two cities each day.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from Plattsburgh to BTV

BTW, I'm not sure what your definition of a "puddle jumper" is, but air service out of Burlington is mostly smaller jets, too.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from Plattsburgh to BTV

SOTT is right...there are tons of people who commute back and forth between Plattsburg and B'ton on a daily basis whether it be for work, shopping, medical, etc. I bet that if SUNY has a "ride board" of some sort she could easily find folks heading over this way.

Most of the planes that fly out of Burlington are known as "regional jets". They are 50 seat jets. There are a few prop plans (I believe USAIR flies one to Laguardia), but the majority of planes are actually now jets. JetBlue flies big planes (100+ seats) as does United (to Chicago) and Usair (to Philly). Have not flown any of the other airlines out of BTV. I believe JetBlue flies to Buffalo so that would probalby be a good option (she'd have to connect at JFK).

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation from Plattsburgh to BTV

I saw CapeAir is the main carrier out of Plattsburgh and they fly Cessnas out of there and I don't think there is a Cessna that carries more than 15 passengers. To me, that i a puddle jumper. Sorry If I offended anyone.

Thanks for the replies!

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation from Plattsburgh to BTV

I would consider a 15 seat cessna a puddle-jumper...ugh...don't like flying on those either. Jets however don't bother me one bit!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation from Plattsburgh to BTV

Hey likry, no one here is offended by your "puddle jumper" remark, we're not big fans of them either!

I just wasn't sure what you consider a "puddle jumper", since anything smaller than an Airbus 319 qualifies as p.j. material to me.

:-)

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transportation from Plattsburgh to BTV

Another option (when the Burlington ferry is running) is to get a ride to Port Kent, take the ferry to Burlington, then hop a taxi to the airport (prolly ~$10-15 for the taxi). The Port Kent ferry only runs seasonally (late May to mid Oct).

8. Re: transportation from Plattsburgh to BTV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 26, 2009