We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July -best of Burlington -make him a repeat visitor!

DC
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4th of July -best of Burlington -make him a repeat visitor!

Hi all -

I will be taking my boyfriend to VT this 4th of July. I chose VT b/c I went 3 years ago by myself and it was simply spectacular. I want to show him what makes Burlington so majestic and would like to make a repeat visitor out of him (he's easy to convince so I have no worries :) ).

We have only 3 days in town.. Can you guys recommend some top things to do.. I'd like to take him to shelburne, the lake, bike, gondola, considering the ferry ride (what do you think?), ben&jerry's of course, cabot, and 2-3 other things and that's where I need your help.

We love to go off the beaten path and love to explore curious local attractions. I'd love to visit a true organic farm or other intersting agricultural point of interest.

We are also foodies (well I am :) ). We will be in Burlington for 2 nights, with a car, and need advice on the 2 must-do dinner places. I am considering Space and The Bearded Frog. Don't care for Italian or French, but am very into eclectic foods.

Thank you all in advance for your suggestions - they are much appreciated!!

- j

DC
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th of July -best of Burlington -make him a repeat visitor!

Also - please advise on whether the Ferry is worthwhile trek. Thoughts on the Ethan Allen cruise and whether it's worth it to go to Quebece for the day?

Thanks again..

j

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th of July -best of Burlington -make him a repeat visitor!

I would skip Quebec (Montreal) this trip. Given that it's holiday time for both countries (Canada Day is July 1) the border crossings will be busy. Besides, you need more than a day in Montreal!!

Driving over to Stowe would be great. I actually prefer driving up Mt. Mansfield (or hike if you are adventurous) than the gondola as you get a 360 degree view up there. Make sure its a nice day. A stop at B&J and Cold Hollow Cider Mill would be fun on teh way to or back from Stowe.

The Cabot Creamery in Cabot is small, but the free samples are worth the trip LOL. Since you only have a coupld days in Vermont I'd skip going to Cabot and just visiting their store on Route 100 in Waterbury.

Restaurants - I LOVE A Single Pebble. I think it should be on your list. Maybe for lunch?http://www.asinglepebble.com/intro.htm

Never heard of Space - do you mean Taste? http://www.tasteofburlington.com/

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4th of July -best of Burlington -make him a repeat visitor!

PS re: the ferry. It's an hour across and an hour back. I'd personally rather take one of the narrated cruises on the Spirit of EA. Would be more interesting IMO.

Washington - the...
Level Contributor
333 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4th of July -best of Burlington -make him a repeat visitor!

Shelburne Museum is worth a stop.

If you are wandering on Church street - stop into Lake Champlain chocolate and get a 5 star bar - you won't regret it.

5. Re: 4th of July -best of Burlington -make him a repeat visitor!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, October 04, 2009