We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostels/Motels/Hotels

Scranton, PA
5 posts
Save Topic
Hostels/Motels/Hotels

Hello Folks,

I am planning a trip to VT for Friday, May 16-Sunday, May 18th for a brewery tour of the state.

I am having trouble getting in touch with the hostels that I Googled. Can anyone recommend places to stay (on the cheap) throughout the state??

I plan on staying in/around White River Junction Friday night and then in/around Burlington on Saturday...but this is very flexible.

At a hostel we'd expect to pay @$25/pp, but I believe we could swing $75-100/night depending on how many adults are allowed per room (we'll have as few as 2 of us up to 5-you never know who will suddenly drop out!).

Thanks!

South Burlington, VT
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostels/Motels/Hotels

Did you ever find a place to stay in your price range? You picked a tough weekend to visit, since it's UVM's graduation weekend. There are two motels on Williston Road you might try--the Ethan Allen Motel and the Ho Hum Motel. They're not fancy, but they're in your price range and they're within walking distance of a few restaurants. Located about 4 miles from downtown Burlington.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with WRJ, but Days Inns are located throughout the state. They're generally cheap.

I was honestly surprised to learn there were hostels in Burlington. I had no idea, and I've lived here for almost 20 years.

Burlington VT
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hostels/Motels/Hotels

A few others to check out:

The Midtown Motel (a fleabag place, but the only cheapo place downtown as of a few years ago)

Anchorage Motor Inn - About 2 miles from Church St. in S. Burlington right off I-89.

Motel 6 - In Colchester, about 4-5 miles from downtown.

You could also check the Marriott in downtown Burlington to see if you'd qualify for any discounts (ie: IBM corporate rate is deeply discounted to ~$100/nite, maybe AAA or other affiliations might be similar?)

Scranton, PA
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hostels/Motels/Hotels

Thanks folks. We went with the hostel at the Coolidge in. I believe they said it was $30/person per night (two-bed room).

We're also staying at the North Star Motel in Shelburne. Supposedly it isn't too far from Burlington. I believe they said $84/night.

Looking forward to seeing how lively things are up there with UVM's graduation weekend and all.

Burlington VT
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hostels/Motels/Hotels

The North Star is about 6-7 miles south of Burlington on Route 7. It used to be $25/night (perhaps increased for graduation weekend?). If you can get similar accommodations at the Anchorage, that would be significantly closer and more convenient. Either way will be fine I'm sure. Enjoy your visit!

Burlington VT
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hostels/Motels/Hotels

PS - The Anchorage's web site shows $45-92/nite.

http://www.vtanchorageinn.com/rates.htm

6. Re: Hostels/Motels/Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, September 26, 2009