We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interstate between Burlington and Middlesex

Janesville...
Level Contributor
509 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Interstate between Burlington and Middlesex

Hello. Hubby is flying into Burlington the first week of December and then driving to Middlesex via interstate. Could someone please tell me if this is a very steep mountainous road? He is used to snow covered roads as we live in Wisconsin but he is not familiar with winter mountain driving. Thank you for your help.

3 replies to this topic
Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interstate between Burlington and Middlesex

There is one big hill that us locals call French Hill. It is located between Williston and Richmond, a few miles east of Burlington. Otherwise it is somewhat flat with some curves and hills here and there as the highway follows the Winooski River Valley. It is not what I consider mountain driving. Then again I have never been to Wisconsin so it may seem it to him!

Edited: 4:30 pm, November 08, 2017
Janesville...
Level Contributor
509 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interstate between Burlington and Middlesex

Thank you for the information. I will tell my husband. FYI: Western Wisconsin is very hilly but no mountains.

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interstate between Burlington and Middlesex

Just to clarify, it's interstate all the way from Burlington to the exit for Middlesex (Exit 9) on I-89. Very easy driving. Try checking out Google Street View if you want to see for yourself. This is the above-mentioned French Hill https://goo.gl/maps/Z8GJd42iggr Most passing through wouldn't think it's anything noteworthy, although in snow it can be more difficult driving just as any hill can be.

Reply to: Interstate between Burlington and Middlesex
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted