We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please,critique my driving itinerary

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
154 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Please,critique my driving itinerary

Hi

Planning to drive from Burlington to NYC on October,13 of this year specifically taking country roads with the purpose of nature seeing.Planning to take an all day to drive with multiple stops and then spending the night in Danbury,CT before getting to NYC the next morning.Here is the list that I've compiled of towns/destinations to drive thru and stop at some of them.Please critique my list, if I need to remove or add some towns and which ones are worthy of making a stop.Traveling with elderly parents(so no mountain hikes),that like pretty,historic,charming little towns and villages.Also,any early dinner suggestions at any of my stops?

1)Waterbury

2)Montpelier

3)Barnard

4)Woodstock

5)Chester

6)Putney

7)Brattleboro

8)Bennington

9) Deerfield,MA

10)Lenox,MA

11)Cornwall,MA

Considering:South Royalton,Jenne Farm,Grafton.

I know that some of the destination are some of what out of the way,but that should be ok,since we should have an all day to drive.

Thanks in advance.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,524 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please,critique my driving itinerary

I'd substitute Stowe for Waterbury and Montpelier. Much more charming in Stowe, and lots more to see & do than either other town. You can see my (many) previous posts on what's so good about Stowe. :)

2. Re: Please,critique my driving itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, yesterday